DO... for educators equips teachers and external experts with lesson guidance, plans and materials to deliver quality RSE in schools.
RSE is a unique subject which should help young people build their own knowledge, skills and values. At its best, it gives them the ability to consider and challenge the expectations of the world around them.
The guidance and teaching techniques below will help you take a new, effective approach to lessons.
1DO… lesson guidance
This resource contains useful advice and techniques for quality RSE delivery and covers topics like establishing ground rules, confidentiality and support for students.
- Establishing a group agreement (ground rules)
- Confidentiality and young people
- Different learning methods
- Different learning needs
- Start where they are at – age appropriateness
- Embedding gender and sexual diversity – not just adding it on
- Promote tolerance and respect for difference and diversity
- Faith and values
- Use of language
- Asking and answering questions
- Assessment and evaluation
- Supporting young people in accessing services